Transform a classic childhood candy into an amazingly tasty liquid alcohol with this easy White Gummy Bear Shot recipe!
It tastes sweet, sounds cute, looks fun, and is just plain awesome.
Whipping up a few of these will definitely evoke nostalgia with the iconic fruity taste.
Plus, we’ll be covering how to make alternate Gummy Bear Shots as well with blue, green, and yellow shots!
Ingredients For A White Gummy Bear Shot
It’s really simple to make as there are only 4 main ingredients required, plus a gummy bear:
- Raspberry vodka: We’ll be using flavored vodka as the base alcohol for the shots. We prefer to use raspberry vodka for the overall taste but if you don’t have raspberry vodka available, feel free to substitute it with cherry vodka or any other fruit-flavored vodka that you have on hand.
- Peach schnapps: This peach-flavored liqueur is used to add additional fruitiness to the drink and provides a refreshing touch to the shots. It’s versatile and can be used in many other cocktail recipes as well. You can also use it to make some White Tea shots!
- Sweet and sour mix: For the sweet and sour mix, you can use any store-bought bottles if you want or you can make it yourself as it’s really simple and inexpensive. Just mix in equal parts of simple syrup, lime juice, and lemon juice to have your own sweet and sour mix! The benefit of a homemade mix is that you can adjust the proportions accordingly to create a version that you like best.
- Lemon-lime soda: A splash of lemon-lime soda works great by adding some fizz to the shots, as well as some more citrus flavor to make the drink even more refreshing. Sprite or 7 Up can be used here.
- White gummy bear: You can’t have a White Gummy Bear Shot without a white gummy bear! But feel free to substitute with other colored gummy bears if you are lacking the white ones or if you just want to play around with a variety of colors!
Basic bar tools are used in this recipe to make the shots with optimal taste:
Cocktail shaker: This will be the basic tool that will be used to combine the ingredients. You can also use a tall glass to mix the ingredients and cover it to shake but it’s less stable and you’ll risk spillage. Once covered, shake well for 10 to 15 seconds to mix the contents evenly.
Strainer (if not included with cocktail shaker): If your cocktail shaker does not have a strainer, you’ll need a separate one in order to strain the drink. The purpose of this is to remove the ice when pouring into the shot glasses. As an alternative, you can also make use of the cover and leave a gap small enough so that the ice cubes get blocked by the cover and only the mixed liquid is poured out.
Shot glasses: We’ll need some shot glasses for shots!
If you don’t have any of the equipment listed above, don’t worry as you can always improvise with what you have.
You can stir the contents in a tall glass with ice instead of a cocktail shaker if you’re in a pinch, and pour it into another glass without the ice after that.
Instructions To Make White Gummy Bear Shots
It’s really simple to make a delicious White Gummy Bear Shot, and it only takes a minute before you get to enjoy this tasty shot:
- Prepare required ingredients and add into the cocktail shaker
Prepare all the required ingredients and add them into the cocktail shaker, except the gummy bears. Then add ice cubes.
- Shake well and mix
Close the cocktail shaker tightly and let the fun begin! Shake well to combine the ingredients for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain the drink and pour into shot glasses
Once done, open the shaker and strain the liquid into shot glasses, leaving the ice behind. Garnish with white gummy bears and serve. You can either cut a slit at the bottom of the gummy bears and place it on the glass rims or use a stick to poke through and leave it hanging over the shot glasses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a white gummy bear taste like?
Gummy bear flavors are quite subjective because the colors sometimes don’t match the taste.
Plus, different brands have different flavors for the same color.
For the popular Haribo gummy bears, white gummy bears are pineapple-flavored and if you prefer a strong pineapple taste in the shots, you can also substitute the sweet and sour mix with pineapple juice.
How do we make our own sweet and sour mix?
It’s really easy to make a basic sweet and sour mix.
All you need to do is add simple syrup, lemon juice, and lime juice in equal parts into a cocktail shaker.
Shake well for 15 seconds and you’ll have your own homemade sweet and sour mix!
If you fancy a sweeter or more sour mix, just increase or decrease the simple syrup’s proportion accordingly.
Sweet and sour mix is used in many cocktails so don’t be afraid to make a big batch for long-term storage!
How do we make simple syrup?
Homemade simple syrup is really easy to make as well.
It’s also required in many recipes and you’ll need it if you want to make your own sweet and sour mix.
Add equal parts water and granulated sugar into a saucepan, then turn up the heat and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Transfer and store in a jar for long-term use!
White Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- 1 oz raspberry vodka (or any fruit-flavored vodka)
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- ½ oz sweet and sour mix
- ½ oz lemon-lime soda
- 2 white gummy bears
- Prepare all the required ingredients and add them into the cocktail shaker, except the gummy bears. Then add ice cubes.
- Close the cocktail shaker tightly and let the fun begin! Shake well to combine the ingredients for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Once done, open the shaker and strain the liquid into shot glasses, leaving the ice behind. Garnish with white gummy bears and serve. You can either cut a slit at the bottom of the gummy bears and place it on the glass rims or use a stick to poke through and leave it hanging over the shot glasses.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can stir the contents in a tall glass with ice instead and pour it into another glass without the ice after that.
- Feel free to use gummy bears of other colors for garnishing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is only an estimate and can vary depending on ingredients used.
Alternate Recipes / Tweaks & Modifications
To make other colored gummy shots, use the ingredients below and follow the same steps as per the White Gummy Bear Shot!
All these recipes yield 2 shots so adjust accordingly if you want to make more or less.
Yellow Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- 1 oz lemon or citron vodka
- 1 oz limoncello
- ½ oz lemon juice
- ½ oz lemon-lime soda
Blue Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- 1 oz raspberry vodka
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- 1 oz blue curaçao
Green Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- 1 oz orange vodka
- 1 oz midori
- 1 oz lemon-lime soda
Vodka-Infused Gummy Bears
Gummy bears absorb whatever liquid you put them in so what better way to make use of this attribute than to make alcoholic gummies?
Just soak them in vodka for at least 12 hours before enjoying these boozy candies!
You can also use them to garnish the Gummy Bear Shots instead of regular gummy bears.
These gummy bear shots are great for parties or a fun night, plus they look cute and taste great!
Before you know it, you would’ve already popped down a few shots because they are just that tasty!
But as always, when it comes to alcohol and nutrition, always consume in moderation.
Let us know how your White Gummy Bear Shot turned out in the comments below!
For more alcohol recipes, check out how to make a Goya Coquito, Vodka Sour, White Tea Shot, Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot, or make cocktails with the color-changing Empress gin and peach-infused Crown Royal Peach whiskey!
Share on your favorite social media platform and tag us @GloriousRecipes – we can’t wait to see what you have made!