With a beautiful bright green color, the Liquid Marijuanas Shot is a cocktail drink that attracts everyone’s attention.
It’s a delicious party shot and with how quick and easy it is to make, you’ll be popping these shots down in no time!
Read on as we introduce this fantastic cocktail drink and you’ll also be able to find the Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot recipe below in the recipe card section!
What Is A Liquid Marijuanas Shot
Liquid Marijuanas Shot is made with a combination of spiced rum, coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue Curaçao, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix.
It tastes sweet, tropical, and fruity.
Even though the name makes you think otherwise, the ingredients used are of relatively low-proof spirits, making it a low ABV shot when compared to other shots.
Its prominent green color is due to melon liqueur, which is green by itself and the color is dominant in this cocktail shot.
When you add blue Curaçao into the mix, it just becomes a deeper green.
Is There Marijuana In Liquid Marijuanas Shot?
Despite its name, there is no marijuana or cannabis or any psychoactive compound such as THC in the Liquid Marijuanas Shot.
It’s named as such purely for the cosmetic green hue that the drink has.
- Spiced rum: The spiced rum helps to impart some complexity and sweetness to the flavor of the cocktail shot.
- Coconut rum: Malibu or other brands that you have in your home bar can be used here.
- Melon liqueur: Midori is commonly used here and gives the drink a nice shade of dominant green that’s beautiful and attractive.
- Blue Curaçao: Adding blue Curaçao deepens the green hue of the drink and also imparts some subtle bitter aftertaste.
- Pineapple juice: It helps to provide the sweet and fruity flavor that makes the shot so delicious!
- Sweet and sour mix: If you are not using store-bought sweet and sour, you can make your own at home. It’s easy to make and inexpensive, plus you’ll likely be using it in many cocktail recipes! Refer to the frequently asked questions section below for the recipe and instructions.
- Cocktail shaker: We’ll be adding the different components into a cocktail shaker before shaking and straining.
- Strainer (if not included with cocktail shaker): For straining the shaken drink into the shot glasses.
- Shot glasses: For the best experience, drink from shot glasses!
The Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot recipe is really simple and to whip up this tasty cocktail shot, it only takes a minute:
- Add all the ingredients into the cocktail shaker
Prepare all the ingredients required for the shot and add equal parts of your favorite spiced rum, coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue Curaçao, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix into the cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes.
- Shake to combine
Once all the ingredients have been added into the cocktail shaker, seal it with the cover. Hold the cocktail shaker tightly with both hands, with one hand on the lid, and the other on the shaker. Turn the shaker sideways and start shaking for 10 to 15 seconds. Shake well to ensure the ingredients are combined evenly.
- Strain and pour
Once done, open and strain the drink into shot glasses. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make your own sweet and sour mix
Homemade sweet and sour mix is easy to make and saves you loads of money, plus you get to customize the proportions to your taste!
For a basic sweet and sour mix, add equal parts of lemon juice, lime juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
Shake well to combine before pouring it into a bottle or jar to store.
How to make your own simple syrup
If you’re new to the world of home bars and don’t have your own simple syrup yet, don’t worry because it’s also really easy to make!
To make your own simple syrup, add granulated sugar and water in equal parts to a saucepan before turning up the heat and stirring to dissolve the sugar.
Once all the sugar has dissolved, let the syrup cool before transferring it to a bottle or jar for storage.
Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot Recipe
- ½ oz spiced rum
- ½ oz coconut rum (Malibu)
- ½ oz melon liqueur (Midori)
- ½ oz blue Curaçao
- ½ oz pineapple juice
- ½ oz sweet & sour mix
- Prepare all the ingredients required for the shot and add equal parts of your favorite spiced rum, coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue Curaçao, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix into the cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes.
- Once all the ingredients have been added into the cocktail shaker, seal it with the cover. Hold the cocktail shaker tightly with both hands, with one hand on the lid, and the other on the shaker. Turn the shaker sideways and start shaking for 10 to 15 seconds. Shake well to ensure the ingredients are combined evenly.
- Once done, open and strain the drink into shot glasses. Serve and enjoy!
- The base recipe makes 2 shot glasses worth of Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot. Increase or cut the amount of ingredients used accordingly if you want to make more or fewer servings but keep to the same proportion (for example, to make 4 shot glasses worth of Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot, use 1 oz of spiced rum, coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue Curaçao, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix each).
- If you don't have any sweet and sour mix on hand, you can make your own easily. Refer to the frequently asked questions section for instructions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is only an estimate and can vary depending on ingredients used.
Alternate Recipes / Tweaks & Modifications
Liquid Marijuanas Jello Shot Recipe
Mix things up a bit and make them into jello shots instead with this simple recipe!
- ½ oz spiced rum
- ½ oz melon liqueur
- ½ oz coconut rum
- ½ oz blue Curaçao
- 4 oz boiling water
- 1½ oz pineapple jello
First, add the pineapple jello to boiling water, then let it cool.
Once the mixture is cooled, add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
Pour into plastic shot glasses before refrigerating until they are set.
Liquid Marijuanas Cocktail Recipe
You can convert the shot into a bigger cocktail drink easily if you want to take your time to consume and enjoy the taste!
To make 1 serving of Liquid Marijuanas Cocktail, you’ll need:
- ¾ oz spiced rum
- ¾ oz melon liqueur
- ¾ oz coconut rum
- ¾ oz blue Curaçao
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz lemon-lime soda
- pineapple wedge (for garnish, optional)
Add ice into a glass, then add all the ingredients and garnish with a pineapple wedge, if desired.
No matter how you choose to consume the Liquid Marijuanas, they all make for an excellent party drink!
You’ll definitely be popping a few of those down because they’re just so tasty!
Let us know how your Liquid Marijuanas Drink Shot turned out in the comments below!
For more alcohol recipes, check out how to make a White Tea Shot, White Gummy Bear Shot, Vodka Sour, Goya Coquito, or make cocktails with the color-changing Empress gin and peach-infused Crown Royal Peach whiskey!
Share on your favorite social media platform and tag us @GloriousRecipes – we can’t wait to see what you have made!