This Breaded Pumfu Salad is made with an excellent medley of ingredients that come with a fantastic flavor and it’s sure to delight your taste buds!
Pumfu, made with organic pumpkin seeds, is a great soy-free alternative to tofu and is also gluten-free and nut-free.
Along with a variety of vegetables and a mayo-free, dairy-free ranch dressing, this delicious salad will definitely rock your world!
Don’t be daunted by the ingredients list because this is a really simple Pumfu recipe and you can easily tweak it to your own liking!
- Pumfu: Our star ingredient that adds plenty of texture and flavor to the salad.
- Almond flour: For breading the pumfu cubes.
- Onion powder: Adds depth and complexity to the breading and ranch dressing.
- Garlic powder: Adds depth and complexity to the breading and ranch dressing.
- Smoked paprika: Adds depth and complexity to the breading.
- Kosher salt
- Red chili flakes: Help to provide a light kick with every bite.
- Egg: For breading purposes so that the seasoned flour adheres well. JUST Egg can be used to keep it vegan.
- Almond milk: The milk and yogurt form the base of the dairy-free ranch dressing.
- Dairy-free yogurt: The milk and yogurt form the base of the dairy-free ranch dressing.
- Dried dill: Helps to add fragrance to the ranch dressing.
- Black pepper
- Chives: Help to add fragrance to the ranch dressing and also used for garnishing.
- Italian parsley: Helps to add fragrance to the ranch dressing.
- Romaine lettuce: Forms the salad base.
- Radish: Forms the salad base.
- Sprouts: Forms the salad base.
- Avocado: Forms the salad base.
- Red Onion: Forms the salad base.
- Buffalo Sauce: Adds an addictive kick, a must-add if you love spicy food!
How To Make Breaded Pumfu Salad
It’s ridiculously easy to make this tasty salad!
Dredge pumfu cubes in beaten egg and a seasoned flour mixture before roasting until golden brown.
Combine almond milk, dairy-free yogurt, and a variety of seasonings and herbs to make the ranch dressing.
Assemble vegetables, top with breaded pumfu, and drizzle ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
That’s how simple it is.
Minimum effort with maximum flavor!
- 1 pack Pumfu
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 egg (you can use JUST egg to keep it vegan)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 5 oz plain dairy-free yogurt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp chives, freshly chopped (or substitute with 1 tsp of dried version)
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, freshly chopped (or substitute with 1 tsp of dried version)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup radishes, sliced thin
- ¼ cup sprouts
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- handful of chives, freshly chopped
- buffalo sauce
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- To make the breaded Pumfu, first chop Pumfu into small cubes and set them aside. Add almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes to a medium bowl and combine well. In a separate small bowl, beat the egg. For each Pumfu cube, dredge it in the egg first, then the flour mixture. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until all the cubes are well-coated. Spray them with a little oil then roast for 20 minutes or until they turn beautifully golden brown.
- To make the ranch dressing, first add the almond milk and yogurt to a bowl and combine well until the desired consistency is reached. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Time to assemble everything together! Get your large salad bowl out and add the lettuce, then the radishes, sprouts, avocado, and red onions. Top with breaded Pumfu and drizzle the salad with ranch dressing and buffalo sauce to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped chives and adjust with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 769Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 2491mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 21gSugar: 21gProtein: 34g
Nutrition information is only an estimate and can vary depending on ingredients used.
We’ve got more wonderful Pumfu recipes so make sure to check them out here!
Share on your favorite social media platform and tag us @GloriousRecipes – we can’t wait to see what you have made!