Kelp noodles combine with carrots, cabbage, and onions in this amazing dish that’s full of incredible flavors, thanks to yellow curry!
It’s quick and easy to whip up, and it’s sure to become your next go-to comfort food to ease your hunger pangs!
This marvelous kelp noodle recipe is very versatile and you can easily add your favorite toppings to turn it into a wholesome and complete meal.
Whether you keep it simple like our recipe here or serve it alongside your favorite proteins such as chicken, pork, or beef, you’re sure to love the wonderful flavor of these kelp noodles!
Benefits Of Kelp Noodles
If you haven’t tried kelp noodles yet, you don’t know what you’re missing out on!
Kelp noodles are gluten-free and extremely low in carbohydrates and calories, making them ideal for low-carb diets.
They might be useful in managing obesity and helping with weight loss, although more studies are required to establish a clear and comprehensive understanding of their role in these aspects of health.
They are also rich in nutrients and are a fantastic source of iodine, iron, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins A and K.
There’s pretty much nothing not to like about this healthy and tasty ingredient!
This kelp noodle recipe doesn’t require much to get going!
- Kelp noodles: Our star ingredient!
- Lemon juice: Soaking the kelp noodles in lemon juice and baking soda helps to soften them and provide a better texture.
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Olive oil: Used for sautéing the vegetables and can be substituted with any neutral oil.
- Cabbage: Goes really well with the yellow curry!
- Carrots: Complements with a nice crunch and add even more nutritional content to the dish!
- Ginger: Gives a nice kick but make sure not to add too much.
- White onion: Provides a pleasant sweetness to add depth to the flavor.
- Coconut cream: Helps to make the curry creamy and thick.
- Yellow curry: This really spice things up and adds a ton of flavor to the noodles and vegetables.
- Cilantro and basil: Make the noodles taste really refreshing!
- Salt and black pepper
You can also add your favorite protein as well if desired!
How To Make Comforting Basic Kelp Noodles
Soak the kelp noodles in baking soda, lemon juice, and hot water to soften them.
Sauté the vegetables and add coconut cream and curry to create a mouthwatering mixture.
Serve the kelp noodles and top with vegetable and curry mixture.
- 2 lbs kelp noodles, packaged
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup carrots, sliced thin
- 1 small thumb of ginger, grated
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp yellow curry
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- cilantro, freshly chopped
- basil, finely chopped
- Drain your kelp noodles and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and baking soda, then add hot water. Mix well. Set aside to let them soak until tender before draining, around 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, carrots, ginger, and white onion and sauté until the vegetables become tender, around 10 minutes. Add the coconut cream and curry, and stir well until they dissolve. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer kelp noodles to serving plates and divide the vegetables accordingly. Garnish with cilantro and basil. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 896mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is only an estimate and can vary depending on ingredients used.
We’ve got more wonderful kelp noodle recipes so make sure to check them out here!
If you’ve tried this, let us know in the comments below!
For more awesome vegetable recipes that you might like, check out the following:
Share on your favorite social media platform and tag us @GloriousRecipes – we can’t wait to see what you have made!